BIE were consulted to support on a failing IT implementation for a global organisation after the programme only achieved delivery of 80% of the desired functionality. The organisation was determined to achieve the remaining 20% within a business-as-usual environment, resulting in aggressive timelines and challenges with bandwidth.
“I really can’t remember the last time I rated anything top marks! BIE has been superb from identifying a match to navigating and concluding the process. I’m struggling to put anything down to improve, which is annoying.”
BIE partnered with the business to select an interim CIO that specialised in IT turnaround and was delivery focused to sort through the technical aspects, as well as people governance and stakeholder landscape. This involved identifying a technical solution to achieve the desired functionality, to understand skills and capability gaps in the programme team, to create a realistic plan and to bring the stakeholder community on the journey.
Cost, time and quality objectives were achieved against a re-baselined plan through a blend of additional BIE consultants and the organisation’s existing team. BIE supported the business to build their capability to cover technical specialisms, workstream and programme project leads, business engagement and business readiness individuals and communication specialists. BIE also helped the business to shape transitional and business-as-usual IT and HR functions for on-going initiatives.